1) It fair roars off the decks straight away with Cosmos 7, and doesn’t let up for most of the album
2) it’s almost the metal album MES has been promising for ages – there’s some really meaty riffs, and his vocals are more than a little “dark metal growl” in places, especially on Greenway (which is particularly barking, even by MES’ standards – “i had to wank off the fucking cat to feed the fucking dog” for example)
3) the band (who I think have been steady for a few years now) are sounding fantastic
4) they probably shouldn’t have let Elini sing Happi Song, but maybe they figured it was good to have a song MES isn’t on so they can play it live when he fucks off /falls over / starts a fight
5) Oh, I dunno – it’s a Fall album. What do you want me to say? It sounds quite like some of the recent ones, but then it doesn’t. There ya go.
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment